A Magic Wand Would Come in Handy…
Regardless of the lack of posts, I have been working out…eating yummy foods only when hungry…taking care of myself as best I can. But stresses abound in the FitMomma household, and life continues to pull me this way and that. I feel like a magic wand would come in handy right now….
1. Zap out my swimmer’s ear. Yes, my new-found love of water kicked me in the ass, and I just started on drops last night to kick it right back. I had no idea swimmer’s ear was so painful!
2. Zap out my cold sore. I’ve battled a few minor colds this summer, and every time, I get a cold sore as well. I’ve had them ever since I was little, but that doesn’t make me love them any more. This isn’t like an old friend you welcome back warmly into your arms. Ugh.
3. Get this Trivia Night benefit planned. A group of us is planning a Trivia Night in October for my friend’s husband with Melanoma. His cancer has progressed to Stage 4, has spread to his lymph nodes, bones, stomach and liver and he continues to endure grueling treatment. It weighs heavy on my heart every single day, so we’re channeling all of this energy into a huge event. A magic wand would be handy here in more ways than one.
4. Get my sister married. As if the former Event Planner in me wasn’t busy enough, my kid sis is getting married in October as well! I’m designing her invites right now, plus am her general wedding planner, and I want this to be nothing less than perfect for her.
5. Keep my baby girl. My stepdaughter has decided to move back with her mom, and my husband and I are heart broken. There’s always a chance she’ll change her mind, we’re still a few weeks away from school, but it’s time to move to acceptance. Except we don’t want to.
What would you use a magic wand for?
Besides what I’ve listed above, a giant mound of ice cream would be nice, too. With a side of Kahlua.
Have you ever had to face life-altering situations? What did you rely on to get you through?
Right now, I’m praying like the dickens. But my brain still gets in the way, so I’m trying to work it out as well. And by work it out, I mean beat myself up with exercise!